sun dried tomato chicken florentine pasta
- 8 ounces ziti or other pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb. chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon all purpose seasoning mix for the chicken
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 7-ounce jar DeLallo sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup half and half
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1½ cups Mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups spinach
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
the butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and
sprinkle with the seasoning and the cayenne. Saute until the chicken is
the oil from the sun dried tomatoes. Chop into smaller pieces if you
want. Add them to the pan with the garlic and saute for a few minutes,
until fragrant. You will probably still get some of the oil from the sun
dried tomatoes - that's okay.
the half and half, milk, chicken broth, and Mozzarella cheese. Stir
until the sauce is smooth and bubbly and the cheese is melted. It should
start to thicken up slightly.
in the cooked pasta and spinach - the spinach will start to cook down
almost immediately. If needed, add extra water or broth or milk to the
sauce to thin it out, or add more cheese to thicken slightly.