- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- equivalent amount of shallots
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or broth
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1.5 pounds large or extra-large shrimp, shelled
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon plus zest of lemon
- Cooked pasta or crusty bread
In a large skillet, melt butter
with olive oil.
Add garlic and shallots and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
wine or broth, salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and
bring to a simmer.
Let wine reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
Add shrimp, and saute until they
just turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes depending upon their size.
Stir in the
parsley and lemon juice.
Serve over pasta or accompanied by crusty
Back to Cooking Main Page
Back to the Home Page