Dilled Couscous with Chicken
- 2 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups couscous
- add israeli couscous too
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice (use as much as you like)
- 1/3 (use 1/4) cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 (use 1/4) cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel (skip)
Cook (slice into cubes) chicken in olive oil salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken (use thighs)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons currants - use crasins - 2 handfuls
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
Bring chicken broth and salt to boil. Stir in
couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with
fork and cool slightly.
Combine orange juice, vinegar, oil and orange peel in large bowl. Mix
in couscous. - Refrigerate until well chilled. (Optional - we never do).
Add chicken, green onions, currants/crasins and dill to couscous in bowl. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Back to Cooking Main Page
The amounts can be adjusted to taste as you like.
Back to the Home Page